I came across a LinkedIn post by Achmed Esser and expected the usual website-launch announcement.
It wasn’t that.
After more than twenty years working around
bid management, bid writing, business growth and procurement, he had decided
not to build another polished professional brochure. Instead, he turned what he
knows into something people can enter and explore — part digital museum, part
research space, part creative experiment.
What surprised me was the idea behind it.
Most professional websites summarise a
person or service. This one tries to show how the person thinks.
Subjects normally confined to reports,
presentations and spreadsheets are treated very differently. AI, data
visualisation and creative technology are not simply mentioned as fashionable
terms; they become part of the environment itself.
I won’t describe everything inside because
that would spoil the reason for visiting. The interesting part is opening
something without quite knowing where it will take you next.
I kept clicking because I genuinely had not
seen a professional website behave this way before.
There is also something refreshingly
unforced about the project. Achmed does not come across like someone announcing
that he has reinvented the internet. He seems more like someone who followed
his curiosity much further than expected, then looked back and realised the
experiment had become something rather unusual.
And perhaps this is where professional websites
are heading.
Now that almost anyone can produce a tidy
biography, a collection of articles and a convincing-looking homepage, simply
publishing more information will not be enough. The people who stand out may be
those who turn their knowledge into an experience.
Achmed may simply have arrived early.
His project has now been nominated for the WaysAwards
2026, and after exploring it, I am not surprised it is attracting
attention.
I thought I was opening a post about
someone’s new website. Instead, it felt like an early glimpse of what personal
publishing could become — and an incredible way to bring years of knowledge and
experience to life.
See the original post and explore it for
yourself:
0 Comments